We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information, about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
This policy refers to all applicable privacy and data protection laws including the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, the Data Protection Act 2018 and any further laws, regulations and secondary legislation in the UK relating to the processing of Personal Data and the privacy of electronic communications as amended, replaced or updated from time to time.
From January 2021 International Transfers out of the UK to EEA countries will be made in accordance with existing GDPR or other relevant data protection laws and regulations pending appropriate updates to applicable UK data protection laws and legislations. All other International Transfers to and from the UK be made at least in accordance with any existing appropriate safeguards.
The data controller responsible in respect of the information collected on this website is Expert Peripheral Designs Ltd.4. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal Information or data means any data about an individual from which that person can be identified. Anonymous data, where the identity has been removed, is not included.
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
• Identity Data including your first name, last name, title.
• Contact Data including your email address, contact address and telephone number.
• Technical Data including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, and operating system.
• Transaction Data including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services.
• Usage Data including referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation.
• Marketing and Communications Data including information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters.
• Financial Data including bank account or credit card details.
• any other information that you choose to send to us.
5. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may collect Identity, Contact and Marketing and Communications data from you when you use our website by filling in forms.
Contact and Transaction data from any purchases of goods and services.
6. FAILURE TO PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA
The provision of personal information is optional but if you fail to provide the data when requested we may not be able to provide the products or services you are requesting.
7. USING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
In brief… To deliver services you request; take payments; allow you to make use of interactive features (if any); manage and improve our services; communicate with you; marketing and associated profiling (only where you have agreed for email, sms, phone or social media direct messaging); administer, analyse use of and improve the Online Facilities; protect and enforce our legal rights or those of others.
Several legal grounds apply to our use of your data, depending on which of the above purposes we use it for. These may include where: you consent; we need to perform any contract with you; we need to comply with legal requirements; or as necessary for our legitimate interests, but balanced against your rights.
A table of usage is available on request.
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we wish to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so. We may process personal data without your consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
• to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
• in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
• in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
• to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
• to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Information which you provide may be transferred to countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area.
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.10. SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure password and firewall protected servers.
All electronic transactions entered into via the website will be protected by encryption technology.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and other login details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
11. YOUR RIGHTS
Under the data protection legislation, you have a number of rights with regard to your personal data.
You have the right to:
• Request access to your personal data by making a data subject access request. We will send you a copy of the personal data we hold about you. The SAR form is available on request.
• Request correction of the personal data we hold regarding you if any data is inaccurate.
• Request erasure of your personal data. We will delete or remove your personal data where there is no longer any reason for us to continue processing it.
• Request restriction of processing your personal data where it may be pending a review of the accuracy, or you have objected to our use and the outcome is pending, or you require us to retain it but not process it.
• Object to processing your personal data where we or a third-party are relying on a legitimate interest but you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
• Request the transfer of your personal data to you or a third-party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to information which you provided directly for us to use or that we have gathered through automated methods.
You may also withdraw consent at any time where such is required for us to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time consent is withdrawn.
You do not have to pay any fee to request access to the personal information that we hold. However, if your requests become unfounded, repetitive or excessive we have the right to refuse your request or charge you a reasonable fee.
12. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
13. UPDATING INFORMATION
It is important that we maintain accurate, up to date personal data. Please advise us of any changes to your personal data.
Telephone: +44 (0)1730 710100
1. WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A cookie is a small text file which is stored on a user’s computer. They enable you to be remembered when using that computer to interact with websites and online services.
They enable us to uniquely identify you from other users of our site. This allows us to provide you with the best browsing experience we can by remembering your settings between visits, continually improving the site, keeping the site safe and secure.
We are also able to improve our marketing of products and services by tailoring the content of our communications, reducing unnecessary contact.
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but personal information that we store about you may be linked, by us, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
3. HOW LONG DOES A COOKIE LAST?
Many cookies we use will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Other cookies used to remember you will remain stored on your computer until deleted or reach a specified expiry date.
Basic cookies are required to make our website work, for example, to keep track of you whilst you navigate the website, to keep track of items in your shopping basket and to prevent fraud and increase website security.
Further cookies are used to enable our website to recognise you when you visit and keep track of your preferences in relation to your use of our website. This will enable us to personalise your content, remember your preferences and tailor our advertising.
5. BLOCKING COOKIES
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third-party cookies. Blocking cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
Further information on how to change your browser settings are available from the browser manufacturer, a non-exhaustive list is given below.
6. DELETING COOKIES
You can also delete cookies already stored on your computer. Again, doing this may have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
7. FURTHER INFORMATION
For more information on cookies please visit the appropriate pages on any of the following sites:
All About Cookies
And for more information on browser cookie handling:
Telephone: +44 (0)1730 710100