The penalties for poor asset management are both far-reaching and expensive. As a facility manager, you’re being squeezed from both ends. Operational budgets are shrinking, while equipment maintenance and repair costs remain high – can be up to 2% of your revenue. Asset Tracking Inspection Solutions can be the solution.
To get maintenance costs under control, you must look for new ways to get the most out of your assets, maximise uptime, and plan for unexpected failures. For most businesses, assets are dispersed throughout the company. But with access to historical and real-time information about your assets, your workers are more likely to identify and fix problems from the onset.
Using analytics from our Asset Tracking Inspection Solutions such as OmniCheck or Asset-i, you can gain additional insight, predict downtime and improve performance. For example, if your asset tracking program discovers that a compressor or pump is using more energy than expected (a sign of possible malfunction), you can schedule maintenance to fix or replace the unit before it fails. This proactive approach enables facility managers to optimise productivity, reduce repair cost, and lower energy use.
Key Benefits to Asset Tracking Inspection Solutions:
1. Asset location – Operators know the location of their assets in real time and can easily transfer assets between sites if necessary while retaining maintenance history.
2. Better purchasing decisions – Initial purchasing data can be quickly and easily evaluated with ongoing maintenance data, providing additional insight into asset performance.
3. Better fix/replace decision-making – Tracked assets should have maintenance thresholds and “Not to Exceed” limits on particular pieces of equipment, sending alerts when evaluation — or replacement — is required.
4. Detailed insight into equipment performance – Tracking individual assets enables facility managers to save money, reduce equipment downtime, and control stock loss.
5. Repair accuracy – You are able to get the right service provider (or technician), in the right place, at the right time, to the right job, with the right part, preventing multiple visits that add cost, time and frustration.
6. Understanding the total cost of ownership for assets – By understanding the value of an asset at a facility, maintenance teams can better manage expenses and efforts taken to support the asset. Decision-makers can effectively make repair/replace decisions ad hoc as well as conduct advanced capital budgeting analysis.
7. Warranty tracking – Asset tracking provides accurate records of equipment under warranty allowing for alerts to be issued when a work order is created, dispatching the warranty contractor for service to ensure the repair is covered under warranty.
To ensure performance is optimised and productivity is maximised, you need to correlate information about your assets. An accurate Asset Tracking Inspection Solutions such as OmniCheck & Asset-i can enhance your return on investment and enable your organisation to make informed decisions about repairing, replacing, or retiring equipment.
Our solutions enable asset tracking at each site throughout the entire equipment lifecycle, so you can track attributes such as asset type, model number, serial number, and warranty information. You can also monitor inspection and service dates, and review detailed repair history.
Analytics and real-time data are powerful tools for businesses. Analysing historical and real-time data provides insights to make better operational decisions that save money.