Collecting and maintaining accurate records of your fixed assets can be a time consuming and expensive task. Asset Tracking Systems can help. A recent survey revealed that over 60% of organisations conduct manual searches each day looking for inventory, whilst a worrying 24% carry out more than ten searches every day.
All businesses have a collection of assets that they need to maintain and with the right Asset Tracking Systems, will not only minimise your equipment loss but will also maximise their usage and put you firmly in control of your asset list – leading to increase in efficiency and productivity.
The Key Benefits of Asset Tracking Systems are:
• Productivity – Collect data faster in greater detail.
• Accuracy – Eliminate human error.
• Compliance – Reporting flexibility with more accurate records.
• Accountability – Enforces personal responsibility and accountability for company property.
By using a combination of mobile computers and asset management software such as Asset-i you will be able to speed up your audit tasks and conduct your asset tracking in real-time. This will enable you to become more efficient in your use and deployment of assets . The management software will also enable you to schedule necessary services and replacement for your equipment at appropriate times.
Before putting together effective and suitable asset tracking systems, to include mobile computers, software and barcode/RFID printing technology, ask yourself the following question:
- How many assets do you need to track?
- What type of assets are you tracking?
- Have you lost and valuable assets
- Are you paying finance or lease on assets beyond their life
- Where are the assets located? How many locations do you have?
- Are the assets already labelled? Will you use barcode or RFID tags?
- Do you need real-time updates or can batch collection be used?
- What type of reporting will you need from the system?
- How many users will you have? Desktop and mobile.
The software is the brains behind any Asset Tracking System as it is the source of all your asset information and dictates how you interact with this information. Asset-i will help you eliminate duplicate purchases, cut down the amount of time spent looking for items as well extending the life of your assets by ensuring they are properly maintained.